TheSandyTongue-This blog is not for everyone. It’s pretty raunchy. He uses a lot of profanity. He is not politically correct. He’s an atheist (I think). Every once in a while he feels compelled to do a product endorsement for some toiletry he puts on his crotch. So who, do you ask, is the Sandy Tongue for?
Mainly anyone who’s a sucker for people who are unapologetically compelled to speak their truth, not for shock value, but because they are sincerely expressing their uncensored opinion with the expectation that there are at least a few grown ups in the world who understand you don’t have to separate your friends and enemies along the lines of those who always share your viewpoint and those who don’t.
I definitely do not always agree with the opinion spoken by the The Sandy Tongue (although often I do), but I appreciate the different points of view he brings to the table. Most of the time he’s pretty funny. Sometimes he’s downright hysterical.
Seven things that people may not know about me:
1. I have 6E Wide Feet: I knew I had wide feet, but didn’t realize how wide until I went to a New Balance store a while ago. The clerk actually shook his head, laughed and said he’d never seen a foot that wide. Unfortunately, my wide foot size doesn’t exactly correlate to other parts of my anatomy. But on a positive note, I have incredible balance and never fall down.
3. Beliefs: I truly feel that Earth and humans may be a giant experiment created by a more advanced form of life in a far away galaxy just for amusement. “Ah, look at these silly people we created. Let’s see who nukes who first,” they would say. Kind of like a real life Risk game.
4. Family History: My ancestors were Scottish Highlanders who use to descend from the mountains, kill neighboring tribes and eat them. Yes, I am a descendant of cannibals. Maybe that’s why I love meat so much.
5. Drugs: I have an uncle who was one of the biggest marijuana distributors in the state of Florida and Georgia during that early 1980’s. He went to prison for years, but is out now. I’m hoping to one day sit down with him and write his story for a book.
6. Early Work History: When I was in college, I worked at Lerner New York and Limited Too. Yes, I worked in a mall and sold clothes to women and young girls. Very manly, I know, but it paid the bills. I originally was hired at Structure, but the other companies recruited me because they had to diversify. Wow, it’s a bit ironic that hiring a white man is considered “diversification.”
7. Public Toilets: I have a very real fear of defecating in public toilets. Seriously, check it out, A Fear of Public Toilets.
Here are my 7 nominees:
mrmarymuthafuckingpoppins: incredibly intelligent, informed, gifted vocabulary, brilliant posts
howtodateboys: an interestingly funny, realistic look at dating and how stupid boys can be
roopost: a good discussion of current events and social commentary
flamidwyfe: my Chinese connection and always laughs at me
dumbworkers: john the aussie who is a loyal follower, check him out
simplyjimmy: he recently acknowledged that I solved the Trayvon Martin case
pigeonheart: because I always have love for the heart of a pigeon